The application of hyaluronic acid is contraindicated in the case of:
- Allergy to the used product
- Familial auto immune disease
- Allergy to local anesthetics
- Skin lesions at the injection site
- Severe heart disease
- Intake of blood-thinning medication
Hyaluronic acid is well tolerated in general. Swelling, redding and small hematoma can occur around the injection sites, but almost disappear in 48-72 hours post application. If side effects occur against all expectations an antidote can be applied, which contributes to more safety and comfort for patients. On request we are happy to give you the package insert which provides additional information about the used product.